|J.D. Thompson House, Tuckerton, NJ. (Photo by John H. Yates 2010)|
J. D. Thompson House (James H. Mott Residence) -- East Main Street
Built by Bennett Rose around 1820, the building was conveyed to J. D. Thompson in 1843. The deed indicates residency and use as a tavern, inn and stagecoach stop. A major addition was added in 1912. The Mott family occupied this property for 85 years.