|Masonic Hall, Tuckerton, NJ. (Photo by John H. Yates 2010)|
Masonic Hall (Tuckerton Lodge #4) -- Corner of Wood and Church Streets
The Tuckerton Masonic Lodge was founded in 1820 at the Union Inn (Carlton House) with Ebenezer Tucker as the first Master. Dr. William K. Mason donated the property and building on the corner of Wood and Church Streets shortly thereafter, about 1825. The building has been used by the Lodge continuously since that time, and is perhaps the oldest continuously used Masonic Lodge in New Jersey.