|Little Borough Hall, Tuckerton, NJ. (Photo by John H. Yates 2010)|
Little Borough Hall, 220 South Green Street
The Borough of Tuckerton was formed on March 18, 1901. The second Borough Hall at 106 North Green Street was destroyed by fire in early 1906. In September 1906, a one-room borough hall was built, with a small one-cell jail attached. The first Council meeting was held in the new building on October 15, 1906. This "Little" hall was in use for 35 years until Council meetings were moved to the "new" firehouse in 1941.