|Tuckerton Library, Tuckerton, NJ. (Photo by John H. Yates 2010)|
Tuckerton Library -- Corner of Bay and Cox Avenues
The "Little" Library, which now serves as the children's room for the present Library building, was built in the late 1800's for "commercial purposes" on Main Street. It was moved around 1900 to the property of the Presbyterian Church and remained there, in use, until 1970 when it was moved to its present location at Bay and Cox Avenues. It is the oldest established Library in Ocean County.