|Captain Horner Victorian, Tuckerton, NJ. (Photo by John H. Yates 2010)|
Captain Horner Victorian, 162 East Main
The house on East Main Street is of the Victorian Period. Captain Napoleon Bonaparte Horner built the house for his bride, Mary Eliza Hanson Horner. (Circa 1868). The Captain brought the beams back from a voyage to Australia. The beams are still present in the structure today.
Captain N. B. Horner left the property to his daughter, Ida Horner Courtney. She in turn willed the house and grounds to her only son, Ralph Courtney. The property then passed down to Bertrum Courtney. The family owned the house and grounds for four generations. The property sold in 1993.