|Garvin's (Joseph Sapp Farmhouse), Tuckerton, NJ. (Photo by John H. Yates 2010)||Garvin's (Joseph Sapp Farmhouse), Tuckerton, NJ. (Photo by John H. Yates 2010)|
Garvin, 209 Cedar Street
The property was first owned by Edward Andrews our first settler. He bequeathed this property to his son Joseph. It was then sold to Timothy Pharo. Mr. Pharo sold to Joseph Sapp. This gentleman improved the farm and built the farmhouse. (Circa 1850's).
The house has two brick ovens. (Unusual Feature). The ovens are located in the cellar. The farmhouse is an example of a wealthy farmers dwelling. It is the only remaining one of its kind in the area.